Kids Help Line: 1-800-668-6868
Women's Rural Resource Centre: 519-246-1526 or Crisis line: 1-800-265-5390
Women's Place - Elgin Emergency Shelter: 1-800-265-4305
Daso (Domestic Abuse Services Oxford): 519-539-4811 (call or text)
Join us for our upcoming Facebook LIVE
"Healthy Love Lunchtime Series"
Healthy love. It's what our new series is all about. This important and topical lunchtime live event series is aimed at teens of all ages. We'll explore many topics related to healthy relationships, gender dynamics, dating violence and more. Each month will feature a new and engaging speaker who will talk on a specific topic geared toward a teen audience. The talks will be held on Facebook Live and can be viewed in real time, or they can be viewed at a later time and date. We're hoping to reach as many youth as possible to expand knowledge and encourage discussion of healthy/unhealthy relationships as well as signs of abuse and how to seek help if necessary - either for themselves or for someone they know. These talks will be aimed at both young men and women, and we have a wide variety of speakers - both female and male.
We'd love for you to join us. Some ways to incorporate this series are:
- Show the talks in your high school class or club (i.e. Social Studies, Family Studies, Social Justice Club)
- Start a high school club to screen the talks
- Set up a time to show the talks to youth at your organization or centre
- Use these as a teaching tool for youth, in any capacity
The talks will be held live at 12pm on the dates below, but the Facebook live links will be available so that they can be viewed any time after.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. Thanks for joining us!
The speaker line-up includes:
- Véronique Church-Duplessis - Dealing with Rejection (and Healthy Masculinities) | October 10, 2018 | View PDF
- Karen B.K. Chan - Sexual and romantic rejection and developing resilience | November 7, 2018 | View PDF
- Matt Sereda - How teachers can support students in healthy relationshisp & dating issues | December 5, 2018